Monday 29 July 2013

The Big Desk Move - Pt1: Pack Down and Move Out!

As Jonnie is moving in with me, I have to move all my computer stuff from the second bedroom in order for him to have space for a few bits and pieces, like a bed. And maybe some clothes? (please god let there be clothes).

So the way my desk is currently:

I'm by the window and the server rack (yes, I have a server rack, and a comms rack, but more on those later). Its usually pretty cluttered but when its not, it looks...


...like this! I'll come onto the TFT Rail later as its due an update.


To the right is a big extension for my girlfriends PC and enough space to work easily between or have up to a 4 person LAN.


Without the desk, the rooms seems pretty huge.


In the new room (yes, it looks incredibly similar, every room is Crown Magenta walls and beige carpet) the desk fits pretty well, but the space is narrower so the left edge of the desk has to be shortened to fit the rack (which is also moving with the PCs)


One makeshift work bench later and its cut to size.


The legs are a mix of heavy duty desk legs I got from another friend sometime ago and Ikea's finest grey table leg. Unfortunately for a comfortable height for the desk, the Ikea legs need to be raised a little with some blocks.


Cue the better part of an hour trying to get all the adjustable legs o match those of the Ikea ones.


The extension was also cut down but still leaves a sizable gap to work between our machines when needed.

There's a lot more work to this yet so i'll do another update in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment